Hi! I’m Kevin. Thanks for visiting.
You know how so many people (maybe you’re one of them?) make their way through life doing all the things they think they’re supposed to be doing but then get to a certain point and realize they feel exhausted, unhappy, confused and stuck? Whether it’s with health, career, relationships, money, habits or – gulp – all of the above, I see it all the time; people work hard, try to do the right thing all their lives and then become exasperated with themselves for feeling miserable, and they don’t know what to do.
Well, what I do is interview people who have overcome those kinds of challenges and have found fulfillment and got back in touch with who they feel they really are. I share those conversations through my podcast. I also deliver keynote speeches, workshops & seminars and offer coaching so that I can creatively encourage and empower people – at home and at work – to move through their challenges with resourcefulness and rediscovery.
That’s where the idea of “No Schedule Man” comes in: In both life and business, plans rarely work out as the crow flies. Things don’t tend to play out in a linear fashion. It’s a journey, with twists, turns, ups and downs. You can keep moving forward (and my advice is to race like a turtle), but sometimes, you’ve got to let go and take your hands off the wheel and enjoy the ride. Or in other words …
No plan is all part of the plan.
It’s a road less traveled, but it’s a better place to be. Especially for small businesses. Trying to be just like everybody else is a sure-fire way to end up miserable in both business and in life. My advice: see where the herd is headed, and then run the other way.
Here’s the good news: you don’t have to go it alone. If you’re struggling with where you are in life or in business, there’s a good chance I can help, or that I know someone who can.
Try me. Browse through the archived episodes of the podcast to find something that might help.
Want me to come speak to your group & share some more? Giddy up. I’d love to.
Interested in 1-on-1 or group coaching opportunities? Let’s talk to see if I’m the right fit.
Want to know more of the nuts and bolts about me? No worries. I’ve put more of that info below.
And if you’d just like to lurk here for a while to see if we’re a match, cool. Feel free. Whenever you feel like joining me in this journey, I’ll be happy to have your company. I race like a turtle, so I’ll be easy to catch.
I’ll get there when I get there.
Who Is The No Schedule Man?
About the Name …
Ah yes, the name “No Schedule Man.” It was first the title of a song I wrote in 2007, which later became the title of a CD, then part of the title of another CD, and then the name of my podcast (which, I admit, I named that way because at that point I didn’t know what the podcast was about or what else to call it). It’s now a keynote speech and workshop on authenticity, too.
At first, I thought I’d just written about a character who was the complete opposite of how I actually behaved. But after over 40 years, I finally figured out that it was the character in that song that I actually aspired to be. Life’s gone a lot better since I embraced it and all that comes with it: going with the flow, accepting impermanence, living each moment with gratitude and embracing the journey as the destination.
Okay, well, I’ve experienced a few things in my day that make me uniquely qualified to understand small business sales, media, marketing, entrepreneurship, creativity & personal growth. If you’d like to look at what some people have said about me along the way, please click here for some testimonials, or scroll further down the page. As for some of projects I’ve worked on:
Career & Creative:
- Certified Life & Executive Coach
- Keynote speaker & workshop facilitator of presentations such as “Rise Like a Phoenix, Race Like a Turtle,” “Stuck In Your Story” and “I Am The No Schedule Man (I Just Wish I’d Known It Sooner)”
- Creator & host of The No Schedule Man Podcast, available worldwide on iTunes beginning January 2016
- Broadcast Media & Digital Marketing Consultant with Bell Media, formerly Astral Radio (2012 to 2017)
- Writer, Performer & co-producer of 3 CDs of original music, including “I Remember” (2007), “No Schedule Man” (2010) and “Solo: The Return of No Schedule Man” (2014)
- Contributing writer/columnist for Inside Track Motorsport News, The Sarnia Observer & The Forest Standard
- Co-Creator & Partner / Sales & Marketing Director of CPT Entertainment Inc. (2007 – 2011)
- Sales & Marketing Director (2001 – 2004) and General Manager (2004 – 2007) of Delaware Speedway, Canada’s first-ever NASCAR-sanctioned weekly race track
- Track & Series Announcer for CASCAR Super Series (2001) and Delaware Speedway (1998 – 2004)
- Creator & Producer of “The Pit Crew Show” show on 1070 CHOK in Sarnia
- On-air radio host on 99.9 CFGX FM, 1110 CKTY AM & 1070 CHOK AM in Sarnia, ON, News Talk 1290 CJBK AM and 92.7 CJBX (BX 93) in London, ON
- 1290 CJBK Radio Broadcaster of the Year in 1996
- H.B. Beal Radio & Television Arts School as Broadcaster of the Year in 1993
- Graduated Public School as Class Valedictorian
- Thrived in personal relationships post-divorce (including a terrific, positive relationship with former spouse)
- Quit drinking alcohol
- Overcame crippling anxiety, depression and related medications
- Returned to health after being severely asthmatic as a younger person and suffering through various physical and stress-related ailments (herniated discs, chronic strep infections, alopecia – which is random patches of hair falling out) throughout my 30’s
- Have become passionate about personal growth due to my mindset, health, creative and lifestyle transformation
So What Floats Your Boat?
My two sons, Eddie & Jaden, are my heroes and first priority. Always.
The love of my life is my sweet Caroline. She’s a constant support, joy and inspiration.
I adore my family. I am a 100% Mama’s Boy and I still want to be like my Dad when I grow up. I have two sisters who are each incredible, strong women. One lives in Newfoundland and the other in the Northwest Territories, which I think is very cool.
My favourite band is Extreme. I am irrationally attached to them and their music.
I also love a band called Volbeat, because my boys and I enjoy them together. Eddie has been on stage with them three times, Jaden once.
I don’t care about sports the way I used to, but I cheer for the Detroit Tigers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Miami Heat & Oakland (Vegas?) Raiders. My favourite NASCAR driver is Kevin Harvick, though I also cheer for Martin Truex Jr. because my pal, Cole Pearn, is his crew chief.
I love the Back to the Future films. Other favourites include Rocky Balboa & Field of Dreams
I don’t really watch TV unless its a Leafs hockey game with Jaden
I love to read. I usually have a couple of books going at a time (one in the morning and one at night) and enjoy listening to audio books or podcasts if I’m making a meal or doing laundry or mowing the lawn.
If I had to choose a last meal, it’d probably be a cheeseburger of some sort, though I don’t eat those things as much as I used to.
I’m totally into all kinds of things I used to think were stupid. Some examples: meditation, yoga, affirmations, goal-setting … and drinking ridiculous amounts of water every day
I have two middle names: William and Stewart. They are grandfathers’ names and I’m proud to have them.
Things I still have sentimental attachments to, since I was a little kid: Mr. T, Kermit the Frog (I used to call him “Kurt the Throg”), Han Solo, Bugs Bunny, Popeye and the Millennium Falcon.
I don’t have a favourite colour or number and I don’t think I’m superstitious.
The book “Conscious Living” by Gay Hendricks changed my life.
I have Superman logos all over the house. It started when I decided the “S” stood for sober, and that helped me quit drinking for good …
Join the journey! Sign up to Kevin’s email list:
What People Are Saying:
“It was great! There were a lot of really good comments on the evaluation. People really liked it. You (Kevin) got to people today. I would recommend (Kevin) highly.”
– Mary Lynne Stewart – Director of Fund Development & Communications, March of Dimes Canada
“The speech was amazing. Kevin did such a great job. He interacted with the crowd and … made it very personal. I was very impressed. It actually almost had me in tears a few times. Really, compared to the rest of the speeches that were going on today, yours (Kevin’s) was the most relatable and the one that people reacted the most to. It was great. Overall, the feedback has been very positive. People came up and talked to me afterward about how good it was, and that’s what I thought too.”
– Mike Mulligan – Owner/Founder of Moving Forward Rehabilitation and Wellness Centre
“Kevin, your Rise Like a Phoenix, Race Like a Turtle talk touched my heart several times, and even brought tears to my eyes. What you said was delivered so professionally and flawlessly, that my attention was riveted on you the whole time. Your message is a valuable one that everyone needs to hear, take to heart, and act upon. Thank you!”
– Sheila Stevenson, Certified Trauma Relief Coach
“I am so impressed with Kevin’s great talent and passion for speaking. He truly engages and energizes his audience through the genuine telling of his own life experiences. His authenticity and heartfelt stories give a fresh perspective on living a life of happiness, gratitude, purpose, and a commitment to continual inner growth. Through his powerful yet humble demeanor and real life accounts of his own personal journey, he intrigues us, motivates us, inspires us and engages us in challenging our self-imposed barriers to fulfilling our own potential.”
– Melissa Whaling, Fund Development Coordinator, Regional HIV/AIDS Connection
Podcast – “Journeys with the No Schedule Man”
“Being on Kevin’s podcast was an amazing experience for me. I gravitate to authenticity and Kevin is as real as they come. Our interview flowed and it felt like I we were just two old friends having a conversation.”
– Cornell Thomas, Speaker, Author & Coach
“Chatting with Kevin is like having coffee with an old friend. His style of interviewing is easy and fun while helping you get to the root of your message. I honestly can say this has been one of the best interviews I’ve done (out of over 25) and Kevin is an EXCELLENT host. I am beyond delighted with the result and will be sharing this interview with the world! Thank you Kevin for helping me get my message out there and helping me shine”.
– Katie Kozlowski, Spiritual Alchemist | LovingToBeMe.com
“I loved sitting down and sharing my story with Kevin. He not only genuinely listens and cares about his guests, he also creates a welcoming and feel-good atmosphere to hang out with him in. Kevin brings out the best in you, by sharing the best of him.”
– Carlen Costa, Sexologist & Relationship Psychotherapist
“I was truly impressed with Kevin and his amazing interview skills. It was so easy to step into speaking about my life’s passion for being a catalyst to people being able to love and be loved to their fullest capacity. And, I truly got that Kevin has done his own deep journey through this minefield of the heart – so that he could explore with me the points I was bringing up! How grateful I am to Kevin for this opportunity to be interviewed by him! “
– Kim Von Berg, Thriving Loving Relationships
“Kevin, you’re an amazing interviewer. As a podcaster myself, I’m always nervous when the tables are turned on me but you create an environment that’s very safe. I shared things I hadn’t talked about on any other show. Thanks for having me on and congratulations on having a great show.”
– Winne Anderson, Host of The Let’s Talk Tech Show
”I had the pleasure & privilege recently to collaborate with Kevin Bulmer after he very graciously requested an interview with me for his No Schedule Man Podcast. I found Kevin to be an extremely empathetic & knowledgeable host who had obviously thoroughly done his research prior to our call. His relaxed approach to the process contributed greatly to a thoroughly enjoyable experience …I look forward to working with him again in the not too distant future.”
– Sue Curr, Speaker & Empowerment Coach
“Kevin, you are exceptionally good at interviewing people, because you listen intently, not only with your ears, but with your heart. The most authentic questions you asked came from that caring place.. You prepared a safe space for me to share, and together we created a worthy offering for listeners. Thank you.”
– Sheila M. Stevenson. A.C.C. |Human Potential Coach: Clear Limiting Beliefs – Face Life With Resilience
“Kevin asked great questions and I got positive feedback after being on the podcast.”
– Lisa Brandt – Author, Voice Talent, Morning News Anchor on 1290 CJBK (formerly of 680 News Toronto)
“I really enjoyed talking to Kevin on his podcast. He’s a great guy and I hope we can talk again, many times”
– Kevin O’Hara – Alcohol Mastery.com
“It was a true delight to be interviewed by Kevin. It was more like a comfortable easy going fire side chat. Kevin doesn’t just fire away a list of questions and hear what you have to say, he really listens from the heart. Thank you Kevin.”
– Jason Stephenson – Meditation Masters.tv & Relax Me Online.com
“Kevin, Thank you again for a great discussion. Thank you for your insightful questions, your energy, your excellent research on my life, and your genuine interest in me and my work. It is so appreciated.”
– Andy Thibodeau, Speaker (Impact Presentations)
“Kevin made me feel right at home. His engaging manner showed he was sincerely interested in hearing our story.”
– David Ciccarelli – CEO, Voices.com
“Kevin makes it extremely easy to create a wonderful conversation! The way he approaches interviews is to be authentic and real. He has the flexibility to go wherever the conversation takes him. Authenticity is the core of what makes Kevin’s podcast so free flowing and filled with meaningful dialogue. His questions inspire contemplative and honest answers. I highly recommend being part of Kevin’s podcast if you are given this wonderful opportunity.”
– Sara Westbrook – Speaker, Author, Singer (Upower Presentations)
“‘Song for Sean’ is a powerful song with a compelling story”
– James Reaney, London Free Press
“Kevin Bulmer writes about his hometown, his own past,and their shared history, describing with a clear eye the place that shaped his songs. He writes and performs with undeniable passion.”
– David Francey, 3-Time JUNO award winner
“You have talent and skill. Good work!”
– Janet Fisher, Goodnight Kiss Music
“Kevin Bulmer is a man of many talents”
– John Sharpe, SCENE Magazine
To read more testimonials about Kevin, CLICK HERE
Thanks for visiting! Please do look around, leave a comment, join Kevin on one of his many social channels, get in touch and, please, speak up! You never know when sharing your story may be just the thing needed to help someone else.