Mastering Fear – Sue Curr | Journeys with the No Schedule Man, Ep. 69
What do you fear, and how might it be holding you back?
What if you’re not actually afraid of what you think you are?
We are going to dive deeply into facing fear and anxiety today and give you some tools to overcome it with Sue Curr, who helps people to “Fear Less, Live More” through speaking, coaching and a variety of seminars and workshops.
This Sue’s second time joining me on this podcast. I encourage you to go back and listen to Episode 23, where Sue goes into great detail about the first 50 years of her life, her descension in to mental ill health and near fatal bout with alcoholism. Having survived the trauma of her past, Sue set about rebuilding her life.
What you’re going to hear today is the result, and it’s profound.
Among the key takeaways that stood out from my time with Sue include:
- Fear gives us an excuse.
- Fear plays an enormous trick on us; it’s the stories we tell ourselves that lead us into trouble (and many times, we’re not actually afraid of what we think we are – Sue gives a great example).
- Want to live large? Get uncomfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Say “Yes” to opportunity and to possibility.
- Looking at life through the eyes of a child (Sue say she’s just now almost 6).
- The truly wealthy are the people who know the value of love and gratitude.
- Fear is born when we attach emotional pain to a significant memory.
- Ask: “Is that true?” When a fear or limiting belief pops up, ask if it’s true.
The last time I spoke with Sue, she was about 6 months away from tossing herself out of an airplane to confront her fear of heights. That seemed like as good a place as any to start …
Podcast Episode Links
Learn more about Sue Curr
Other Episodes You Might Like …
If you enjoyed the story in this episode, I’m pretty sure you’ll like these ones as well:
Please leave a comment, subscribe and share!